Thank you for interest in Volunteering with us for DerpyCon 2023! Volunteers assist DerpyCon Staff during the convention by helping check badges, assisting attendees, helping with set up/tear down, helping various Departments’ Staff, and more. Volunteers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work, and will earn perks based on the number of hours they work.
Join DerpyCon Staff!
Working around the year of DerpyCon can be one of the most rewarding experiences! Our staff plan out all facets of our convention, working before, during, and after con. It may seem like a lot of work, but it is such a rewarding and exciting experience, unlike any other. Check out below for more information on what the staffing requirements are, our staff code of contact, and of course what the awesome perks you receive for staffing are.
What Volunteers Do
- Follow all Convention Policies, Volunteer Policies, and the Policies of the Department in which they are assisting
- Help the Convention Staff with set up/tear down
- Assist with Line Control
- Act as Runners to help our Staff in various Departments
- Perform Badge checks
- Assist attendees (either throughout our venue or at our Info Desk)
- Help in our Viewings Room and/or Video Game Room
- Attend Volunteer Orientation, led by our Head of Volunteers
What Volunteers DO NOT
- Handle money or sales
- Function as security
- Work with Guests
- Exclusively assist one Staff member or one Department (unless assigned to a specific Staff member or Department by our Head of Volunteers, Head of Personnel, and/or Chairpersons. All assignments must be agreed upon by all parties involved)
- Answer to anyone but the Head of Volunteers or their proxies for assignments
- Undermine the integrity of DerpyCon or its affiliates
What Volunteers Get
Here are the rewards that can be earned by working as a Volunteer Staffer, which are expected to work 8 to 16 hours onsite during the convention weekend:
- Come back for that!
- Must be 18 years old at the date of the convention in order to Volunteer
- For badge reimbursement, Volunteers must work 12 hours in total Friday-Sunday. These hours include set up/tear down.
- Volunteer shifts are typically in 2-4 hour increments.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation Meeting (time TBD by the Head of Volunteers)
- E-mail correspondence with Head of Volunteers to update Volunteer status (e.g. change in availability).
- Check in/Check out for shifts with Head of Volunteers
- Follow all Convention Policies, Volunteer Department Policies, and any specific policies of the department you work in.
Questions? Concerns? Feel free to Contact Us!