Put your Craftsmanship to the Top in Our Hall Cosplay Competition!
The DerpyCon Hall Cosplay Contest, where contestants will be evaluation for craftsmanship by our panel of judges. We will have set times on Friday and Saturday for judging. Once you submit your application, you will be sent your scheduled time slot. Please do not be late, if you come after judging hours you will have to wait for the next available time slot. Some slots may open up at-con so feel free to stop by during Cosplay HQ hours to check in. Those open slots will be filled at-con, first-come, first-serve.
Looking to participate? Read the rules and apply below.
If you have any questions, please contact our Head of Cosplay using our Help Desk.
Interested in being a Cosplay Guest Judge? Learn more here.
Hall Cosplay Applications for 2023 Are Now Closed
Hall Cosplay Submissions Guidelines
- Bringing reference material is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. The judges are well versed in many areas of geekdom, but not everyone knows a particular character and their outfit.
- You may enter as an individual or as a group.
- Cosplay needs to be at least 80% handcrafted by you. Commissioned cosplays are eligible ONLY IF the person who made it is present for judging. Closet cosplay is NOT allowed.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person per a day. You may enter both days with DIFFERENT cosplays and a different application. Please specify which day you would like to enter on the form.
- Please remember this is a craftsmanship contest; judges will be looking at your outfit for quality and accuracy.
- Please specify you level of craftsmanship and enter the appropriate category on your application (will help to inform judges of the skill level).
- Youth – all entrants in the group are 14 years of age or younger.
- Novice – all entrants in the group have won fewer than three (3) major awards for craftsmanship at any convention.
- Journeyman – all entrants in the group have won at least three (3) major awards as Novice but few than an additional three (3) major awards at the Journeyman level.
- Craftsman – all entrants in the group have won at least three (3) major awards above Journeyman level.
- Awards will be handed out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for Friday and Saturday each and in each Craftsmanship level. The 1st Place winner of each day and each level will win a complimentary Weekend Badge to DerpyCon 2024. In addition, there will be three judges awards.