Tabletop Gaming has a New Flair!
Our Tabletop Gaming room is expanding and we need your help! If you love sharing new games through learn-to-plays, DMing tabletop rpgs, or want to show off an indie board game, this is the place for your. We are looking for DerpyCon attendees to share their love of tabletop games with others through our new tabletop hosting program. Apply to submit what games you want to run using the form on this page for an opportunity to host your game at DerpyCon 2022.
Tabletop Hosting Applications are Open from June 21st, 2022 to August 1st, 2022 at 11:59:59pm ET.
Read the Following Rules and Apply Below
- Tabletop hosting applications will be accepted through August 1st, 2022 at 11:59:59pm ET.
- All tabletop hosting submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Please note that it could take up a few weeks after tabletop hosting submissions close for this review process to be complete.
- Potential Attendee Hosts do not need to register to DerpyCon 2022 when submitting a game.
- Accepted Attendee Hosts will need to submit proof of DerpyCon 2022 registration within 10 days of acceptance or risk losing the game.
- All hosts must be 16 years of age or older at the time of the convention.
- Any hosts under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian present during check in and during the game.
- All game submissions must be made via the DerpyCon Tabletop Hosting Application Form found below.
- Any games submitted via other means will be rejected.
- Any games submitted via the DerpyCon Tabletop Hosting Application Form that are incomplete will be rejected.
- No more than one (1) host will be allowed at each game.
- If your game requires more than one (1) host, then please add in the comments why this is needed and if special arrangements can be made.
- If a game is submitted with more than one (1) host and notes have not been added, then the game submission will be rejected.
- All Ages Content is anything that contains no crude language, no sexual content, and only has mild or cartoon violence (consider content in movies rated G or PG).
- 13+ Content is anything that contains a small amount of crude language, sexually suggestive content, or violence (consider content in movies rated PG-13).
- 18+ Content is anything that contains crude language, sexual content, graphic violence, or other obscene material as a primary component, making it unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18 (consider content of movies rated R). These games are not allowed to be hosted at DerpyCon 2022.
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your game should have an age restriction, then it probable should.
- Please err on the side of caution in this regard.
- If a game submitted as All Ages or 13+ is found to contain 18+ content, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the game in progress.
- Hate speech, including ethnic slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, sexual bias, homophobia, transphobia, etc., will not be tolerated at DerpyCon. If a game is found to contain such content, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel.
- Be professional and courteous.
DerpyCon is able to offer host compensation under the following conditions:
- Attendee Hosts who perform a minimum of two (2) hours of gaming will be eligible to have their DerpyCon 2022 Badge reimbursed after the conclusion of the convention.
- A maximum of one (1) attendee host per game may gain credit towards a DerpyCon 2022 badge reimbursement.
- Credit can be earned up to the registration price at the time of registration.
- Attendee Hosts will not get additional credits or perks beyond two (2) hours of gaming.
- If a game is shut down while in progress, then it may lead to denial of reimbursement and denial of future game submissions to DerpyCon.
- If a host does not check-in with the Tabletop Room a minimum of two hours before their first scheduled game, then it may lead to a denial of reimbursement.
- Staff Hostsare not eligible to receive credit.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to hosts who do not complete the required hours of gaming at DerpyCon 2022.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to hosts who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.